At present, due to the advancement of technology, televisions are becoming more advanced as compared to the older versions in terms of the available features as well as services. Moreover, the streaming media players such as Amazon Fire TV, Roku, Apple TV and so on have made the television sets much smarter than before. In the subsequent paragraphs, we will mention the 7 best streaming devices for TV.
- Amazon Fire TV: This particular product features powerful internals, expandable memory as well as 4K video support. Apart from the own library of Amazon, this Fire TV is able to stream content from Netflix and other popular providers. Moreover, it can run Android games and apps and thus make it really pleasurable to watch TV shows or movies. It happens to be a perfect alternative to the Apple TV which needs an Amazon prime account.
- Roku 1: It might be the fact that you have not heard of Roku before and in that case, be prepared for a surprise. In fact, this brand is extremely popular in the streaming device marketplace at the moment. Although this product is quite inexpensive as compared to its rivals, it still supports 1080p video as well as a Wi-Fi connection. It will also support an analog connection in case you own an older television set.
- Apple TV: This product features support for Siri, speedy hardware as well as a slick remote along with touch and voice control. Apart from providing you with access to the huge catalog of TV shows and movies of Apple, this brand-new product is also a robust gaming device which is able to connect to wireless controllers. Although it didn’t support 4K content till now, it is definitely a great choice for the individuals who have purchased Apple’s hardware ecosystem.
- Google Chromecast: The Chromecast is available in three different colors and is quite simple to use. It does not feature any remote which makes it rather inexpensive and you simply need to use your Apple smartphone or Android device. It is possible to stream content to your television via this product. Apps include BBC iPlayer as well as Netflix but not a lot of games. You’ll be guided by the Google Cast application to what other apps are going to be available.
- Sky Q: The Sky Q is a versatile and powerful brand-new box from Sky and lots of channels are delivered including sports in 4K resolution via the satellite dish. Recently, 4K movies have been launched by Sky which you can download to the box. Moreover, there are also services such as Buy and Keep where it is possible to purchase a movie and receive both a DVD as well as a digital download.
- Roku Express: Apart from being tiny, the Roku Express is also quite inexpensive. It is not difficult to install and use this product which can stream HD content from the major popular services like Amazon Prime, Netflix, SlingTV and HBO Go. The product also includes an excellent remote with customizable touchscreen control.
- NOW TV: The compact NOW TV box will help you to download apps including the terrestrial catch-up channels. Furthermore, it is possible to subscribe to Sky’s sports and cinema bundles on a month-at-a-time basis. In fact, it is the most efficient way to view all these channels in case you do not have a satellite dish.